Bright, Sunny August Sales Numbers Lit up Steamboat
Remember when I reported in July that Steamboat Springs, Colorado real estate pending numbers were looking strong…well some of those pending sales converted to closings in August leading to the second best Gross Volume Sales of the year at just over $46.5 million. There’s still a healthy inventory of pending sales through September. In fact, September’s pending sales numbers are the highest we’ve seen in over a year.
Now let’s focus on August numbers because there is some good news to report in the last full month of summer in Steamboat Springs, CO.
Similar to July when a large land purchase bolstered the month’s sales volume, there was a $10 million plus agricultural land sale to Twentymile Coal, LLC in Hayden, CO. This sale further supports the prospects for a mining boom in the Yampa Valley as land purchases for gas, oil and coal rights have totaled over $17.2 million in two large sales over the past two months.
So what about home buyers? Well it seems that folks are already planning for some ski-in/ski-out living with 16 transactions at One Steamboat Place at the base of the Steamboat Ski Mountain in Gondola Square. The 16 transactions included two purchases rounding out the top 3 August sales (after the Hayden, CO land purchase) at $1.85 million and $1.80 million each.
As the beautiful fall weather kept Steamboat Springs busy in September, and pending sales are showing a lot of strength through September, the outlook is optimistic for good sales closing numbers heading into the winter months. Some additional highlights for August:
* Bank Sales were slightly up with 17 for the month of August
Sales over $1.5M:
* 8/15/2011 $10,137,000 M&B: Sections 10,11,12,14,15,23-4-87 & Sections 16,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,34,35-5-87 aka 29994 Routt County Road #27. This sale is for two large Vacant Agricultural sites. The total Acreage for both sites is: 8,346.83 AC. PPAC is $1,214.47. The Purchaser was: Twentymile Coal, LLC. This sale is in the Hayden Market Area.
* 8/22/2011 $1,850,000 OSP Condo @ Apres Ski Way Unit R609 aka 2250 Apres Ski Way – 4 Brm 4 Bath YOC 2009 with 2,284 SF Living Area. PPSF is $809.98. This is a new construction sale in the Steamboat Mountain Area.
* 8/22/2011 $1,800,000 OSP Condo @ Apres Ski Way Unit R514 aka 2250 Apres Ski Way – 4 Brm 4 Bath YOC 2009 with 2,553 SF Living Area. PPSF is $705.05. This is a new construction sale in the Steamboat Mountain Area.
* 8/12/2011 $1,605,000 Boulder Ridge Subd Lot 2 aka 245 Boulder Ridge Road – 4 Brm 3.5 Bath YOC 2010 with 3,551 SF Living Area on .50 AC Land. PPSF is $451.99. This is a new construction sale in the Fish Creek Falls Area.
* There were 9 sales over $1.0M in August, with all Buyers being from out of state. Two of the 9 Buyers were from Texas.
—For more information on buying real estate or questions regarding Steamboat Springs real estate or renting a home in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, feel free to call Charlie at 970-846-6435 or write me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.